Garage Door Maintenance
Do you know the average family of four uses their garage door 1,500 times a year?
That’s about 4 times a day. To keep your family safe and avoid major breakdowns and repairs, Overhead Garage Door recommends that you annually maintain your garage door.
Chicago Garage Door Maintenance
Overhead Garage Door, Inc. is a full service garage door repair and garage door installation company. We offer same day/24 hour emergency service throughout the Chicagoland area.
Garage Door Inspection
It’s essential to establish a garage door maintenance schedule. With all the planning and work it takes to run a home or business, it’s easy to overlook the little details. The health of your garage door can be easy to forget about. However, if you work a few simple steps into your seasonal maintenance routine, your garage door and garage door opener will have a longer lifespan and experience fewer mechanical problems. Here are a few things you can do yourself:
- Inspect the Door’s Rollers. The steel or nylon rollers that guide your garage door panels along the tracks can wear out over time and should be inspected regularly. Generally, they should be replaced every seven years, but if you notice chips, cracks, or excessive wear, you should have them replaced by a professional right away.
- Keep the Tracks Clear. If you notice any debris, buildup, or excessive dirt in your tracks, you should remove it. Remember, if you think that the track alignment looks incorrect, it’s best to leave any major adjustments to a professional garage door technician.
- Keep Moving Parts Lubricated. Just a few minutes a year is all it takes to add a little white lithium grease to your garage door opener’s chain or screw and to coat the overhead springs with a spray lubricant.
- Update the Weatherstripping. Constant use and changes in temperature can cause your garage door’s weatherstripping to become cracked, brittle, and ineffective at keeping the elements out. You should inspect the weatherstripping each year and have it replaced if necessary.
Our professionals at Overhead Garage Door are happy to inspect your garage door to ensure it’s up to safety codes and keeping your family safe.
An Overhead Garage Door maintenance includes a complete inspection and safety check on:
- Garage Door and Opener
- Garage Door Springs & Lubrication
- Garage Door Rollers & Lubrication
- Garage Door Hinges & Lubrication
- Garage Door Cables
- Garage Door Tracks
- Garage Door Visual Sensors
- Garage Door Reversing Mechanisms
Interested in improving your home’s security and privacy? Ask our team about or Residential Gate Opener today!
Garage Door Maintenance Service Areas
Our Overhead Garage Door team services Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, Will, Boone, Winnebago, Kendall, Kenosha, Racine and Walworth Counties.
Contact our Garage Door experts at 888-459-3720 to schedule a maintenance tune up today!