Garage Door Not Working?
Overhead Garage Door offers same day 24 hour emergency garage door repair services to residents in Lake County, Illinois and Chicagoland.
Let our trained professionals at Overhead Garage Door take care of you. With over 35 years as an overhead garage door repair business, our team can take on any job.
Our satisfied customers stretch across all of Chicagoland. We have nearly 1,000 reviews on Angie’s List as a Super Service Award Winner and carry an A+ Rating with the Better Business Bureau.
lake county Garage Door repair
Overhead Garage Door, Inc. is a full service garage door installation and repair company. We offer same day/24 hour emergency service throughout the Chicagoland area.
Many of us take our trusty garage doors for granted. A garage door does its job, opening and closing when we need it to, and we hardly give it a second thought. Whether it’s a traditional manually operated door or a more sophisticated system with a remote-controlled automatic opener, you expect your garage door to function effectively and safely. Unfortunately, time, weather, and wear can take their toll on even the most sturdy and trustworthy garage doors. When a garage door becomes damaged and no longer functions properly, it can become a major inconvenience.
A broken garage door or garage door opener system can compromise not only functionality, but also the security of a space. When a garage door suddenly stops closing or locking properly, emergency garage door repair is in order.
Garage Door Care in Lake County, Illinois
There are two important things you can do to prevent major garage door problems:
- Establish a garage door maintenance schedule.
- Be aware of minor changes in the operation of your garage door.
When you become aware of a small problem with your garage door, you should have it looked at right away, before it becomes a bigger problem or an emergency situation. There are a few signs to look out for. When you open or close your garage door, you should always look and listen for:
- Any jerky or irregular movement
- Sticky places or pinching in the door’s travel as it opens or closes
- Any parts that seem out of alignment or asymmetrical
- Grinding or scraping sounds
A properly functioning garage door should open and close smoothly and relatively quietly. Any irregularities can be a sign that your garage door needs professional attention.
Common Garage Door Problems
Any of the symptoms above can help you identify a problem with your garage door, its opener, or some of its parts. Here are a few of the problems that commonly affect garage doors:
- A damaged or broken spring. If one of your garage door springs is out of place or has a gap in it, this could be a sign that it is broken and needs to be replaced.
- Cold-weather issues. Snow and ice can prevent a door from closing properly. This can be due to excess buildup on the ground where the door rests or from ice collecting in the track itself. The weight of a garage door can be a problem when it meets this resistance, and damage can occur to the door panels or other mechanisms. Learn more about the effects of winter and summer weather on your garage door.
- The door is off its tracks. If your door is sticking or not moving smoothly, one or more of the rollers might not be aligned properly with the tracks. If the door is off one of its tracks entirely, it’s best to stop using it right away and have it repaired. Trying to force the door open or closed can lead to more damage.
- Sensor problems. On an automatic garage door opener, the photoelectric sensor is designed to protect you, your family, and your property from being damaged by a closing garage door. This part can malfunction and signal a hazard to your garage door opener, preventing it from working even if nothing is actually in the way.
If you are experiencing any problems with your garage door, it’s a good idea to have your garage door professionally serviced as soon as possible.
Trust the Overhead Door repair Professionals
A garage door is a deceptively simple device. At first glance, it might seem like there are only a few key components and that any homeowner or handyman could quickly diagnose and repair. Garage doors are surprisingly complex. Many of the parts are interdependent, so a minor adjustment of one piece can affect one or more other components. This is one reason that we recommend trusting an experienced technician to tune up your garage door.
Another very important reason to avoid working on your garage door yourself is safety. Garage doors and their parts can be very heavy. When the door is open, all that weight is overhead, making working below it dangerous. Springs, cables, chains, tracks, and other sharp or heavy moving parts all present their own safety hazards. This is why we recommend scheduling a service appointment if you think your garage door is not operating as well as it should.
At Overhead Garage Door, our experienced, professional technicians are happy to help you with all your garage door installation, repair, and maintenance needs. Contact us and see our professionalism in action. We take pride in our work and love getting our customers back on track with fully functional garage door systems. Nothing makes us happier than restoring our clients’ peace of mind.
Call our Garage Repair Professionals
Here at Overhead Garage Door, we solve all of your garage door problems. If it’s only missing a small part, or if the whole thing has collapsed, we can help. Our technicians are highly qualified, expertly trained, and experienced. The experts at Overhead Garage Door recommend that you do not attempt to repair any parts on your garage door by yourself. Garage doors include hundreds of working parts—from springs to rolling parts—and many of them are under high tension. An untrained professional may cause further damage and risks of bodily harm.
There are plenty of things that can go wrong with your garage door, and it can be extremely inconvenient. It’s the last thing you interact with when you leave the house and the first thing you interact with when you come home. It gets plenty of use throughout your regular schedule, and normal wear and tear can cause certain things to go wrong. There are many moving parts, and it’s normal for them to fail.
Overhead Garage Door has extensive experience in all of your common garage door repairs, including:
- Garage Door Opener Repair and Replacement
- Garage Door Spring Replacement
- Garage Door Track Repair and Replacement
- Garage Door Hinge Repair and Replacement
- Recalibrating Garage Door Visual Sensors
- Broken or Lost Garage Door Remotes
Garage Door Repair Service Areas
We provide same-day service to the following Illinois and Wisconsin counties:
Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage, Kane, Will, Boone, Winnebago, Kendall, Kenosha, Racine, and Walworth Counties.