Clopay Garage Door Installation
As a certified dealer of Clopay Garage Doors, Overhead Garage Door, Inc. is proud to provide Chicago, IL and the surrounding suburbs with quality products, value, and extraordinary service. We offer the complete line of Clopay overhead garage door products to ensure that we will be able to meet your needs while also enhancing your home’s beauty and improving its worth. Clopay offers a wide variety of styles, striving to provide each customer with a garage door that offers a beauty that equals its usefulness. Our Reserve and Coachman collections offer an array of wood and steel carriage garage doors. Our Gallery Collection was designed to offer quality carriage garage doors at an affordable price. For those seeking a more modern look, our Avante Collection is sure to impress with the perfect blend of cutting-edge aluminum and glass designs that are equally attractive and contemporary. Product Lines We invite you to review our wide range of products below and hope that we are able to help you with your garage door needs as well as fulfilling your aspirations of making your home more beautiful.
North American’s largest manufacturer of residential garage doors, Clopay helps homeowners redesign their homes with personalized garage doors designed and manufactured in the United States. Since garage doors account for as much as 30% of a home’s facade, selecting the right door can significantly impact curb appeal. Clopay garage doors are available in a variety of styles, including modern, carriage house, and traditional raised-panel.
When It’s Time to Replace Your Garage Door
Your garage door is an important component of your home’s exterior design and has a significant impact on the value and appearance of your home. Routine maintenance can help in keeping your garage door operating smoothly and looking great for years, but knowing when it’s time to replace your door is also important.
- Cracking or peeling paint on wood doors: While finishing wood garage doors can help protect them from the elements and UV exposure, stain and paint can break down over time, causing the wood to rot. If moisture is wicking up from the bottom, there are holes in the door, or the wood is cracking, it’s time to replace your garage door.
- Bent or sagging garage door sections: If wood garage doors aren’t properly maintained, they have a tendency to start sagging, resulting in large gaps under the ends of the door when closed.
- Not energy efficient: Garage doors that aren’t well-sealed with weatherstripping or properly insulated are especially problematic if there is living space adjacent to or above the garage. Insulated garage doors help keep these rooms cooler in the summer, warmer in the winter, and assist in reducing energy bills. Insulated Clopay garage doors are available with R-values up to 20.4.
Garage Door Costs
Budget is a major consideration for homeowners when choosing a new garage door. Garage door prices can start around $300 for a non-insulated, single-car garage door without installation. For homeowners looking to increase their home’s curb appeal even more, classic raised-panel, carriage house, or modern garage doors are popular selections and range in price from $1,000 to $4,000.
A variety of factors affect the cost of Clopay garage doors, including the number of doors and sizes, hardware, style, insulation, and material. When setting the budget, homeowners generally consider how durable the door should be, whether it needs to be insulated, and the importance of its aesthetic appeal.
Choosing the Right Clopay Garage Door
Whether you’ve just purchased a new house or are looking to refresh your current home, a new Clopay garage door is a great way to bring new life into the exterior and increase the curb appeal of your home. Replacing a garage door is often a once-in-a-lifetime experience, so finding the perfect mix of affordability, fashion, and function is important.
- Style: Your home’s style and your personal preference should play a major role in selecting the style of your new Clopay garage door. While specific garage doors tend to pair well with certain architectural styles like carriage house doors with Victorian architecture, or full-view doors with modern architecture, ultimately the choice is yours.
- Finish: Choosing a finish for your Clopay garage door allows you to make it as universal or distinctive as you desire. Create a neighborhood showstopper with a custom tint or statement color from Clopay’s Color Blast program offering 1,500 Sherwin-Williams custom colors, or a natural wood look to complement your home.
- Windows: Garage door windows provide a sense of welcomeness while adding character to your home. They can increase the curb appeal of your home and allow your garage door to stand out among your neighbors. Clopay garage door windows are customizable and are available in designs matching almost any style of home.
Measuring for Your Clopay Garage Door
Measuring for your new Clopay garage door is an important first step for purchasing and installation. These simple steps allow for accurate and proper measurements:
- Measure the height and width of the garage door opening in feet and inches to find the garage door size you need.
- Measure the left and right sideroom area. You will need between 3.75 and 5.5 inches on each side for vertical track installation, depending on your spring system.
- Measure the headroom or distance between the ceiling or floor joist and the top of the door opening or jamb header. You will need between 10 and 12 inches, usually depending on your spring system. Garages with automatic garage door openers require additional headroom space, and specialized hardware is available for garage spaces with restricted headroom.
- Measure the backroom or distance between the back wall of your garage and the garage door opening. An additional 18 inches needs to be added to the door height with additional backroom sometimes required for garages with automatic openers.
Installing Your Clopay Garage Door
Clopay garage doors can be installed on your own following these simple instructions included with each Clopay garaged door.
- Remove your existing garage door.
- Attach new hardware to door sections.
- Put sections in the prepared opening.
- Install track and insert rollers.
- Attach the springs and connect the cables.
While some homeowners appreciate the opportunity to install their new garage door on their own, others schedule a professional installation for additional peace of mind and the one-year installation warranty that comes with any garage door installed by an authorized Clopay dealer.
Garage Door Maintenance and Replacement Parts
Your new Clopay garage door is built to last, and with routine maintenance, it can look great and run smoothly for many years to come. However, parts do occasionally become damaged or wear out. Thankfully, most any part of the door can be replaced, some on your own, and others with the help of a professional. DIY replacement parts include:
- Clopay garage door hinges.
- Bottom seal and rollers.
- Lift handles.
- Clopay garage door window replacement parts and insert.
Repairs we suggest scheduling an appointment for with a garage door repair professional include:
- Clopay garage door panels.
Overhead Garage Door, Inc. only hires the most experienced garage door installers, each with a minimum of five years of industry experience. All employees are given comprehensive background checks, physicals, and drug tests and have their work constantly reviewed, all to ensure quality installations for our customers.