Garage doors are an important aspect of many homes. The garage provides a safe place to house your vehicle and personal items, and it might also provide a convenient way of entering your residence. In addition to being safe and durable, garage doors can affect your home’s curb appeal. When it comes to deciding what type of garage door to outfit your home with, you should know more about two of the best in the industry: Clopay and Amarr.
Clopay Garage Doors
Although Clopay’s company history dates back to 1859, the company didn’t begin manufacturing garage doors until 1964. It’s one of the largest manufacturers in the country and has its headquarters located in Ohio. Reinforcing its commitment to producing quality materials, Clopay belongs to the International Door Association as well as the Door and Access Systems Manufacturer’s Association. The company is also the country’s largest garage door manufacturer.
Types of Clopay Garage Doors Available
Clopay manufactures garage doors for residential, commercial, and industrial locations. It uses wood, aluminum, and steel in its garage door construction. All Clopay doors are built to order, which means that the door matches your specific design and performance requirements. Some of its more popular garage door selections for residential properties include the following:
- Avante Collection: Constructed out of aluminum and glass, this collection can modernize your home.
Multiple glass options allow you to bring in as much natural light as you desire and control the level of privacy.
- Canyon Ridge Limited Edition: Insulated carriage garage doors give you a traditional look paired with modern functionality.
- Classic Series: Available in a wide range of styles and colors, this steel series complements just about any home.
- Classic Wood: Handcrafted out of natural redwood, cedar, or hemlock, these doors feature traditional raised and recessed panels to give your home the best look.
- Coachman Collection: These carriage house doors look like they’re made of wood, but they’re actually manufactured with layers of low-maintenance steel topped with a composite overlay.
- Cypress Collection: This insulated flush steel door simulates the appearance of stained wood. Unlike wooden doors, these won’t rot or warp, and you don’t need to reapply stain.
- Gallery Collection: Raised panel steel garage doors offer a vintage feel with a grooved panel design, wrought-iron hardware, unique colors, and optional decorative windows.
- Grand Harbor Collection: Steel-frame carriage house doors combine clean lines and classic charm in this low-maintenance collection.
- Reserve Limited Edition: Combine authentic carriage house designs with historical charm, and you get this door series. With eight carriage house designs, you can easily find an architectural style and color to match your home.
When replacing your garage door, you want to make sure your investment is protected for several years. Clopay offers warranty coverage not only for its products, but also for any installation performed by one of its Master Authorized Dealers or Authorized Dealers.
For its garage doors, Clopay offers limited warranties of up to 10 years on most of its products. You may also qualify for a minimum one-year installation warranty on doors if the installation is performed by one of its dealers. This installation warranty, which begins the day the work is completed, protects against defects that impair the door’s operation.
Amarr Garage Doors
Established in 1951 in North Carolina, Amarr has seen its business expand exponentially since it began manufacturing garage doors. Now an internationally recognized brand, Amarr has two manufacturing facilities in the United States and is sold by more than 3,000 independent dealers. The company prides itself on offering insulated doors that provide the highest energy efficiency without breaking your budget.
Types of Amarr Garage Doors Available
Amarr manufactures garage doors for residential and commercial locations. In its garage door construction, the company uses steel, aluminum, composite, and wood. It also produces three types of doors, including carriage, traditional, and specialty. Some of Amarr’s styles include the following:
- Biltmore: The most upscale offering is the Biltmore authentic wood model. It offers a modern take on the wooden garage doors and garners its name from the elegant Biltmore Estate.
- Bob Timberlake: This line offers cedar grain garage doors that complement a home’s overall aesthetic.
- Classica: Made out of stamped steel, this carriage house garage door comes in more than 100 design options.
- Designer’s Choice: This carriage house door is extremely energy efficient and perfect for home or business owners. It also features a large window section.
- Heritage: A low-maintenance option, this steel garage door is cost-effective and durable.
- Hillcrest: This steel carriage house style is an affordable option for residential locations. It has moderate thermal efficiency, which helps homeowners save on energy costs.
- Lincoln: With more than 150 traditional garage door styles, the Lincoln collection is made out of low-maintenance steel.
- Oak Summit: Similar to the Classica, the Oak Summit carriage house line has more than 70 classic design options to choose from.
- Olympus: A traditional garage door, this option is easily customizable and works equally well for residential or commercial properties. This highly energy-efficient door is available at a moderate price point.
- Stratford: A traditional style garage door, this model is affordable, high-wind resistant, and has numerous safety features. It’s a great fit for a commercial or residential garage door.
- Vista: Perhaps Amarr’s most contemporary door, the Vista has unique glass options and sleek modern lines.
Amarr has one of the best warranties on the market. The company provides a lifetime warranty on most of its garage doors unless otherwise noted. Certain models have anywhere from a 1-year to a 25-year limited warranty. Before purchasing your Amarr garage door, ask about the specific warranty timeframe.
After learning the benefits of Clopay vs Amarr garage doors, you might be ready to install a new garage door. If so, contact the professionals at Overhead Garage Door. As a family-owned and operated business that dates back to 1969, we offer same-day and 24-hour emergency service throughout the Chicagoland area. Overhead Garage Door is ready to help you with all your installation needs, so give us a call today to schedule a consultation.