Are you a homeowner looking for a garage door installer with the best brands, an HVAC company to replace your air conditioning unit, a landscaping company to boost your home’s curb appeal, or another professional to help with a home improvement project? Then you should attend a home and garden show to meet the best of the best companies in your area. At these shows, local vendors in the home renovation and maintenance industries showcase their products and services to homeowners like you.
Use this guide to explore some of the best annual home shows in Illinois and what they offer. Then learn why you should attend at least one show if you’re planning a home renovation project now or in the near future.
Gateway Home Show
Start your year off right by attending the Gateway Home Show in Collinsville, which has been held in January for the past few years. At this show, you’ll meet professionals and companies that specialize in any home or garden project you want to undertake, including:
- Kitchen and bathroom renovation
- Roofing and gutters
- Hot tubs
- Decks and awnings
- General contractors
This show is perfect for homeowners at any stage of a remodeling project. And you can get free passes to the show from the event’s website.
Rockford Home Show
For over 40 years, the Rockford Home Show has been a must-visit Northern Illinois expo that takes place in February. It features 100-500 vendors across all aspects of home improvement, so you can find and compare experienced professionals for the services you need. This home show is the perfect way to prepare for an upcoming spring project.
Admission is $6 for adults, but children 12 and under are free. Plus, parking is free.
North Shore Home & Garden Show
The North Shore Home & Garden Show is a late-winter/early-spring event held in Wheeling, Illinois, just outside of Chicago. This growing show attracts more than 200 vendors from the interior and exterior home renovation industries in the Chicago area. So if you’re a homeowner looking to transform your indoor or outdoor space, check out the North Shore Home & Garden Show in late February or March.
Fox Valley Home & Garden Show
The Fox Valley Home & Garden Show in Naperville takes place every year, in April, May, or June. At this show, you’ll find vendors for nearly any home project you’re planning, including:
- Outdoor living spaces, appliances, and furniture
- Spas and hot tubs
- Kitchens and baths
- Basements and additions
- Solar power
At the event, you can expect live cooking demonstrations that show some of the appliance vendors’ products in action. You can also attend free seminars to learn the ins and outs of home renovation projects. This event is free to attend and also has free parking.
Southern Illinois Home & Outdoor Expo
The Southern Illinois Home & Outdoor Expo has been held in Mt. Vernon, Illinois, for almost 10 years. This expo is hosted by the Jefferson County Chamber of Commerce and is a must-visit show for southern Illinois residents looking for help with landscaping, furniture, overall house remodeling, appliances, outdoor living, and more.
Chicago Home Shows
Throughout the year, Omni Media hosts home shows in:
- Oak Brook
- Crystal Lake
- Tinley Park
- St. Charles
- Lake County
Events attract hundreds of vendors so you can find the perfect professionals for your home improvement projects. And to make it easy to attend, every event offers free admission and parking.
Why Can You Find at a Home Show?
Home and garden shows feature a wide variety of local companies and contract professionals, making it easy to meet with and compare the services of many at once. Here are some of the benefits you get from attending a home and garden show:
- Inspiration for projects: Walking around a home show can give you plenty of ideas for how to fix up a space inside or outside your home, or it can even inspire you to take on a project you hadn’t thought about. And since you get to see the newest home renovation and decor trends, you can find ways to help boost your home’s appeal if you plan to sell soon.
- Knowledge of up-and-coming trends and home technology: The professionals at these events are eager to show off the newest home trends and introduce you to technology you didn’t realize you needed for your home. For example, you might get to see the most advanced home security tech, the newest styles of laminate wood flooring, and solar power tech that can save you money in the long run.
- Live product demonstrations: Vendors can show you how the different products, technology, and tools work. Plus, being able to see something up close and try it for yourself can make it easier to decide if it’s a feature or product that you can use in your home.
- Special expo-only offers: Vendors may offer free product trials, free consultations, or expo-only discounts to booth visitors. Taking advantage of one of these offers means you can test the product, save money on the purchase, or get more specific information about how the service can help your home.
- One-on-one meetings with industry professionals: You can get one-on-one time with vendors to talk about the projects you’re interested in doing and learn how you can benefit from their services. In some cases, you may get a price estimate or schedule a more in-depth meeting or inspection at your home.
While you can find Overhead Garage Door at some of Chicago’s most popular home shows, you can also call our toll-free number or contact us online to learn how we can improve or repair your garage. If you see us at the next event you attend, drop by to speak with one of our experienced professionals about how we can work for you.