When it comes to garage door installation, you want to choose a reputable company that employs experienced staff. At Overhead Garage Door, we provide Mount Prospect, Illinois clients with the best in customer service for garage door installation, replacement, and service needs. We work with a variety of garage door manufacturers to offer the best products. We know how inconvenient it is when your garage door isn’t functioning properly, which is why our team of trained technicians gets the job done right the first time.
How Overhead Garage Door Stands Out
Overhead Garage Door got its start in 1981 out of Buffalo Grove, Illinois, when the Kozak family founded the company. The family sought to offer high-quality service to all its customers, and over the years the company has become one of Chicagoland’s largest full-service garage door dealers. It has also acquired several quality door dealerships in the area to enhance its massive customer database. Today, the Kozak family is still involved in daily operations, and the company continues to offer some of the best products and services in the industry.
Why is garage door installation important?
You want the best for your home, so it makes sense to outfit every area of your residence with the highest quality products. It’s important to consider your garage door, too, because the garage houses some of your most valuable items. Your bicycles, yard equipment, and vehicles reside here, and some garages may provide access to your home’s interior.
It’s simple, the door needs to open and close properly whenever you want it to. As the first impression before someone enters your home, a garage door can also add a substantial amount of curb appeal. This is vital if you plan to sell or refinance your home. Overhead Garage Door understands the role your garage door plays in your home. Call us today to schedule a consultation for your garage door installation.
What are the top garage door brands?
Not every garage door is manufactured the same way. They can be constructed out of a variety of materials, such as wood, aluminum, steel, and glass, and they can even cater to your home’s exterior style. With so many garage door manufacturers available, you might feel overwhelmed by the choices. How do you know which one to choose? Begin by browsing our selection of brand-name garage door manufacturers to figure out which door you want:
- Amarr: This company first manufactured the Amarr Classica, which has a door with three built-in sections instead of four. You can customize your door entirely with this company.
- CHI Overhead Doors: Best known for their Accent Series, CHI Overhead Doors got its start from an Amish community. Today, the company offers high-end and builder-grade doors. It also manufactures carriage stamp and raised paneling options.
- Wayne Dalton: As one of the largest garage door manufacturers, Wayne Dalton has steel, aluminum, and wood doors for residential customers, while industrial customers can choose from a variety of sizes, functionalities, and constructions.
Browse our full list of garage door manufacturers.
How are garage doors installed?
Because we are an established garage door company, we know how to install garage doors properly. Before we begin, we walk you through every step of the installation process, starting with selecting the right door for your needs and budget. We help you determine what material would suit your home best, then we can work on a design. We understand that not everyone has the same style, so we can show you garage doors with intricate configurations, windows, or simple yet functional designs.
Once you’ve narrowed down the style, we can give you an estimate on the cost. We will take measurements to make sure you receive an accurate estimate. Once you’ve decided to use Overhead Garage Door for your installation needs, we can schedule a good time to come to your home and install your brand-new garage door.
What if you need garage door repairs?
At Overhead Garage Door, we not only offer garage door installation but also provide repairs if needed. You might encounter problems when trying to open or close your door, and these issues can include:
- Damaged or broken spring: Torsion springs do all the heavy lifting of your door, and the average spring lasts between three to five years. You’ll notice the spring is broken if the door doesn’t open, you see a split in the spring, or when you open the door manually but it doesn’t stay open.
- The garage door is off the track: The garage door can come off its track, causing the entire door to jam and preventing you from opening the door fully.
- Sensor issues: The photoelectronic sensors help keep you, your family, and your belongings safe from a closing garage door. Sometimes these sensors get damaged or disconnected, so it’s important to have a professional look at them immediately.
Our experienced staff has years of experience dealing with all types of repairs, including spring replacement, track repairs, and sensor connections. If you notice any of these problems or don’t know why your door isn’t functioning properly, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
Overhead Garage Door is here to help you with your garage door needs near the Mount Prospect, Illinois, area. Call our toll-free number at 888-851-1786 or fill out our online form, and one of our representatives will reach out to you shortly. We are here to help you through the entire garage door experience, whether it’s purchasing a new door or repairing an existing one. Find out why we’re one of the best in the Chicagoland area.